Saturday 15 March 2008

Finally Arrived

It seems a long way from Swindon to Aksai, 2 hours by train, hang aroud at the airport for hours, 5 flying and the 2 hours by bus to reach my destination. A bracing -6 degrees as I left the plane reminded me that I had travelled East. I flew with Flystar Astreus a growing airline that offered excellent service, although at a price, £950 return fare.

Having arrived safely at the Czech camp (built by Czechs funny enough), this is where I am staying. Clean and comfortable, better than anticipated.


The camp provides many facilities including a bank:



and a shop which Russian speakers amongst you will doubtless notice is called Tesco






and for sports fans don't miss all the hockey action at the icerink:



More to follow tomorrow, including the joys of a Kazak nightclub and a trip to the oilfield itself.

No comments: